Sunday 15 January 2012

Our helpers

There are people in life who just know you. People who offer you that little gold nugget of wisdom while you have just searched the entire backgarden in vain. People who open your eyes to see the rainbow behind the storm you are stuck in. They know exactly what to say with honesty and truth, no fluffing up your ego, no roundabout undercurrents. They are few and far between but in those times of crisis and trouble they show their faces and you realise their true worth.
I call these people soulmates. 

I use the term soulmate not in a romantic sense (although of course I don't discount the romantic soulmates either!), but more in an altruistic/platonic way. I have several close friends both male and female who I consider soulmates - I know that our friendship stretches over time and distance. Our paths are destined to keep crossing for eternity, ours is a friendship for life. And even though our paths lead us often in opposite directions around the world and we may lose contact for a while, I know we will always find our way back. 


And in those moments when you are down, they are there. With all the right words and a hug and without realising it they lift a little of that burden off your shoulders. 


And the best part of this friendship is that you know it is give and take. There are no agendas. They are there for you and you are there for them. Beautifully complex in its simplicity =) 


Because life can seem too much at times. We are so fully involved in creating that it is hard to step back and see the bigger picture. We are very adept at working ourselves into the cracks and crevices of our minds and analysing every twist and turn. Our soulmates prod us back into the right direction, remind us to let go and trust our choices again. And they remind us that hey, we are doing ok! 


Thankyou to everyone in my life, for extending that hand when I have lost my footing, it has not gone unnoticed... 
xxx

1 comment:

Followers